The 6 Things You Must Know About Being a Teach 2 Teach Teacher
1. Don't be alone with kids
- Legally, it's just a bad idea to be in a room alone with kids. Whether you know them well or not, just don't do it. You just never know what a kid's going to say. They may say in passing to their parents that you touched them funny, then you've got a BIG lawsuit on your hands. So just make sure a responsible adult (usually a parent) is with you.
- All scheduling is done between the student and teacher, except for the first free trial lesson which admins help schedule. This allows you as a teacher to arrange your schedule in a way that works best for you.
3. Teacher Payouts
- T2T Teachers make 2/3 of what student's pay. So they take home between $36-$40 per hour. And we make payouts frequent and convenient by paying teachers through PayPal every Tuesday to the email address on file.
What if i my PAyPAL email address is different than the one i normally use?
Bonus Tip: Getting paid is contingent on you sending in your reports.
- When you go on tour with your band, go on vacation, or go on a mission's trip for a couple weeks, you still need to make up those missed lessons with your students. T2T students are on a subscription plan to hold weekly lessons with you. So make sure you somehow make up that missed time with them.
5. Webcam lessons
- Webcam lessons are awesome! They have been getting so much more popular over the past several years as the internet, computers, and software has been getting faster. There's really no reason why you shouldn't try it. Teach 2 Teach has an amazing webcam interface. It makes lessons so fun, interactive, and perfect for all types of learning.
6. Digital and Live Recitals
- T2T Digital and Live Recitals are so cool. This is another thing that really sets us apart as a business. Digital Recitals teach students how to share their talents online in the modern age while Live Recitals teach students how to not be afraid to share their talents with others on stage. Both are priceless skills, and so much fun.